A personal website can play a key part in your success, as this kind of platform serves as a very efficient way to communicate your brand.
As a general rule, everything that you put out into the world about yourself should have a purpose, an end goal. Each blog you write, picture you post, opinion you publish, and so on should be geared toward building your brand so that you can achieve that goal.
For example, if you are a YA fantasy fiction author like me, then you would want all your personal website content to reflect the voice of your writing, appeal to your target audience, and communicate the essence of your product so that you can achieve your end goal—persuade website visitors to initiate a buying action and purchase one of the books you’ve written.
In order to make that end goal a reality, your personal website needs to adhere to certain standards. First: consistency of brand. If your personal website is a reflection of you, it is vital that you remain constant with your messaging, (your main message here being who you are). Second: structure your website for easy user interface. Don’t make it difficult for users to find what they are looking for. Construct your site with simple navigation in mind that appeals to what someone would inherently search for. Third: optimize your site for best SEO (Search Engine Optimization) practices, including—
- Make your site mobile-friendly.
- Have a clear menu bar with tabs to the most important pages/info.
- Display easy access to the right kinds of contact information.
- Have properly formatted title tags and meta descriptions.
- Provide a clear portal to all of your optimized social media outlets.
- Enhance you site’s textual content for keywords.
- And have an intelligent internal linking structure that creates paths, which make it easier for people to find what they are looking for and/or what you want them to find.
Follow these practices and you and your brand will be on the right track for success. For more assistance, enlist the aid of an amazing online presence management company. If you are having specific problems updating text content on your website, you may also check out this industry guide for quick content editing tips and fixes found in HTML code.